A few years ago I made my first black garlic recipe as a filling for lunchbox peppers and a topping for toast–and I was hooked! Then I tried adding black garlic to burgers, and since then I’ve used it regularly in my meatloaf as well.
This Black Garlic & Chives Dip is another delicious (and pretty easy!) way to make use of our black garlic. I use a food processor to mix together equal parts cream cheese and sour cream, a handful of fresh chives, and a bulb of peeled black garlic cloves. The finishing touch–and essential to this dip–is a healthy pinch of Maldon flaky sea salt. If you don’t want to buy this for one recipe, trust me–you can use this salt on almost anything. My favorite places (in this moment) to use Maldon flaky sea salt are on roasted veggies, steamed beets, and sourdough toast with peanut butter and honey.
Back to the dip! This Black Garlic & Chives dip is perfect for dipping raw veggies and can also be eaten with crackers, chips, and other crunchy snacks. Enjoy!
Black Garlic and Chives Dip
- 1 food processor
- 1 bulb black garlic cloves peeled
- 4 ounces sour cream 1/2 cup
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/2 cup, softened
- 4-5 fresh chives snipped into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp Maldon flaky sea salt or to taste
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, chives, and black garlic cloves in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Blend until smooth. Add flaky sea salt. Taste. Add more salt to taste. Enjoy!