This Blueberry Lemon Balm Lemonade is a variation of our seasonal, oh-so-delicious Strawberry Basil Lemonade. In keeping with the spirit of seasonality, we’re following up strawberry season with a blueberry-based lemonade.
Part of any recipe creation is taste-testing, and for this lemonade, we trialed four different Blueberry-Herb combinations:
- Blueberry-Lemon Basil
- Blueberry-Lemon Balm
Our kitchen staff, field crew and family all taste-tasted, and Blueberry-Lemon Balm was a clear winner! You can make this recipe as is, or try out a different herb in place of the lemon balm. Either way, enjoy!
Blueberry Lemon Balm Lemonade
- large jar (at least 2 quarts)
- wooden spoon or potato masher
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 lemons sliced
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1.5 cups lemon juice bottled or fresh-squeezed will work
- 8 cups water
- 1 bunch lemon balm crumpled--this will allow the herb to release its flavor into the lemonade
- Use spoon or potato masher to mash sugar, sliced lemons, and blueberries together. The mashing will help release the oils from the lemon rinds. Stop when the blueberries are mostly liquid and the lemons are still intact.
- Add lemon juice and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add lemon balm and let steep for 1 hour in fridge. Enjoy over ice!