It’s peach season, friends! And peach season for us this year means our new Peachy Perfect Salad. This latest creation was inspired by our Strawberry Poppyseed Salad. You all loved it so much that we couldn’t let it die when strawberry season ended. Similar to the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, our Peachy-Perfect Salad includes a base of fresh organic greens, topped with fresh fruit, a creamy cheese, crunchy nuts, and a sweet vinaigrette dressing. But that’s not all! Unlike the strawberry salad, this Peachy-Perfect Salad has a secret weapon: deliciously sweet, delicately salted, semi-caramelized onion. Yum!
While the caramelization of onions can sound a little tricky or intimidating, never fear. This previous blog post recipe for caramelized onions with peaches and garlic explains the method pretty simply. All you need is a skillet, a spoon, and time to stir them every ten minutes or so. Happy cooking!
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lb salad mix
- ½ lb peaches sliced
- 3 oz cheddar/gruyere cheese blend crumbled -- We get ours from Aldi, but an aged cheddar will work well also.
- 2-3 onions sliced and caramelized refer to the blog post for instructions on caramelization.
- 6 oz pecans chopped and toasted
For the Dressing
- Combine vinegar, oil, sugar and salt in ball jar. Shake well to combine.
For the Salad
- Place salad mix in a bowl. Sprinkle peaches, cheese, onions, and pecans over salad. Top with dressing. Alternatively, portion out the salad greens into 6 individual bowls and divide toppings accordingly. Drizzle each salad with dressing. Enjoy!